cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8700 PGBK Cartridge Usage

atommo67
Contributor

Hi

I'm very new to printing and have never posted before so please excuse my ignorance. I purchased the iP8700 to print scans of my artwork which it does a fine job. The printer never uses the PGBK cartridge which I've come to learn is used for text only? Anyway, I have lots of unused PGBK cartridges. Is there a way I can "tell" or "force" the printer to use the cartridge? It seems like every time I purchase ink from Amazon, I have to purchase at least a couple of PGBKs. What would you do in my position? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I would recommend printing at least 1 or 2 pages a month that have text on it. That way it will use the PGBK ink and also keep ink following correctly in the print head. 

You may want to check Canon's website for packages that have the color ink only for the printer and not having to buy packages that have the pgbk. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I would recommend printing at least 1 or 2 pages a month that have text on it. That way it will use the PGBK ink and also keep ink following correctly in the print head. 

You may want to check Canon's website for packages that have the color ink only for the printer and not having to buy packages that have the pgbk. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

atommo67
Contributor

Thank you! I didn't even realize by not using the PGBK I was creating a print head situation.

Announcements