cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP1600 does not print color

artfulm
Apprentice

iP 1600 does not print color, not even a smiggeon. I rarely print color so cartridge should have ink, but nothing gets on paper.

I set printer preferences to 'Color'. There is no indication that printer believes it's out of ink. I refilled BLACK cartridge a while back and it continues to print fine. I've run 'deep cleaning' a couple of times and still 'test page' has no color on it at all. It's as though there is no 'signal' getting to the print head. Last resort would be to purchace a new color cartirdge. But what if it's not a cartirdge problem?

Assistance/Help much appreciated.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi artfulm,

Since the color ink is not being applied to paper after the deep cleanings the may be a issue with the color ink print head. Please be advised that the iP1600 was retired in 2011 and if you are using a refilled color ink, there may be a issue with the cartirge.

If there is a internal issue with the printer, service is not available since it has been retired. You do qualify for our Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi artfulm,

Since the color ink is not being applied to paper after the deep cleanings the may be a issue with the color ink print head. Please be advised that the iP1600 was retired in 2011 and if you are using a refilled color ink, there may be a issue with the cartirge.

If there is a internal issue with the printer, service is not available since it has been retired. You do qualify for our Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the note. The cartridge was new when I installed it and it printed properly, but I haven't done any color printing for about a year now. The problem is one of the following: 1. cartridge; 2, driver; 3. communication. I've ordered a new cartridge and when it arrives, we'll see. Might have to take you up on the upgrade offer.

Again, thanks for the communication.

Michael

Announcements