cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS9120 Error Code 5011, Paper Mismatch Error

Imanicy
Apprentice

Every time I power on my canon, I immediately get "Support code 5011". Telling me a printer error has occurred and to cancel the print and turn the device off. I have several times. I let it sit for a while powered off for a while (months) and I was able to get past the error yesterday. I was then stopped by a message telling me the paper didn't match the paper selected (it did) and after that the cassette tray wasn't properly out. Has anyone had these issues before? Am I going to have to try to take it a part? I originally thought the printer may be clogged or a bit dirty from the last print job I did. It was with heat transfer paper (so a bit thicker and textured). It was momentarily entered the wrong way and has given me problems ever since. 

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The 5011 error is a general hardware error; since you have already verified that there are no paper jams in the printer, I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the reset does not resolve the error, the printer will require service. If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thatsmashley
Apprentice

Welcome to planned obsolescence. Your printer is most likely a doorstop now. If you've followed all of the published steps in the manual and in this forum, don't bother paying $20 for support and pray you still have a valid warranty. 

Support can do nothing more than you can to troubleshoot this error code.

If you pay the $20 like I did for the privilege of calling support, you'll be asked to unplug and plug back in the printer, confirm no paper jams, etc...then be told that your printer is toast, and your $20 is now held hostage unless you agree to use it toward a new printer.

Thanks for the positive and well wishes of my new “doorstop”. I never planned on dishing out more cash on this one. I got another printer a while ago, just decided to see if I could fix this older printer on my own seeing that it’s been my favorite so far. 

mboydddd
Apprentice

I am never using another Canon product again, and I'm making sure the design firm I purchase for does the same. I'm disgusted with the lack of help on this. The only advice I get is to unplug/replug and then Canon will make you either pay $20 to have a rep tell you the same, or have them try to con you into sending it for repair and paying more money. They will give you no helpful information about how to resolve this. It violates just about every right to repair law out there.

What really bothers me is that this is a printer and scanner, yet this code is preventing both operations and making this completely useless. At least have the decency to be bad at printing and let someone still use the scanner.

Announcements