cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImagePROGRAF TA-20 "Unsupported paper size" error.

adrock
Apprentice

I've loaded two different rolls of 24" wide clear film into the TA-20 and each time I'm faced with the "Unsupported paper size" error. The film feeds through just fine. Is there a way to tell the printer to ignore this error and just print? Is there a setting either in the driver or the printer that I've missed? I have checked the "ignore paper size mismatch" box on the printer screen. I have no more ideas. It's getting super frustrating. This is the media onto which I need to print most frequently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adrock
Apprentice

I figured out the problem. At some point during a move, I had misplaced the 3" to 2" roll adapters for the feed spindle. I ordered simple plastic inserts to take their place, but the left insert left a 1/8" gap on the left side of the roller, because it would not fit over the 8 small tabs at the base of the spindle cap. This told the printer that the film was too wide. I cut notches on the inner ring of the plastic inserts so they would fit over the tabs. This created a snug fit for the roll, and I was able to print. I would order replacement adapters, but they cannot be purchased without buying the whole feeder bar assembly for $150-$185. So I'm going to stick with this method for now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

adrock
Apprentice

I figured out the problem. At some point during a move, I had misplaced the 3" to 2" roll adapters for the feed spindle. I ordered simple plastic inserts to take their place, but the left insert left a 1/8" gap on the left side of the roller, because it would not fit over the 8 small tabs at the base of the spindle cap. This told the printer that the film was too wide. I cut notches on the inner ring of the plastic inserts so they would fit over the tabs. This created a snug fit for the roll, and I was able to print. I would order replacement adapters, but they cannot be purchased without buying the whole feeder bar assembly for $150-$185. So I'm going to stick with this method for now.

Announcements