cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6420 - Drivers not downloading

ABGCrazyman
Apprentice

Canon T46270 Driver not downloading correctly.pngHello everyone!

Well, I recently bought a PIXMA TS6420 despite some bad reviews on Amazon. I felt compelled to buying it because some users said that despite the bad reviews were somewhat true they had a very easy fix and after that was done the printer worked wonders.

Well, everything was working good, I followed the instructions and setup the printer up to the point where I installed the ink cartridges but when I got to the part where I needed to download the drivers to my laptop everything went south dramatically.

I have a 64 bit OS Windows 10 Home Alienware 17 Laptop. When I downloaded the .EXE file for the drivers and opened it, it gets through the 16 files that need to "verify and download" but then a warning pops up saying the following:

"Failed to acquire information on the Driver and Software. Check the Network Connection and try again".

I know my network connection is good, I have access to the internet. I even disabled my AV just to make sure it was not interfeering with the installation but I got the same results. I visited the Canon website, created my account and registered my product, and after I downloaded the .EXE file form the website and ran it, well, it gave me the same results. 

I even tried connecting the printer to my laptop via a USB cable but it does not pop up on my devices, so, at this point I have become very frustrated because I cannot use the printer as I was expecting. 

Would anyone be able to assist me with this or should I call Customer Support? The Canon website states that their product support crew only works weekdays and for me it is already the weekend.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ABGCrazyman,

From the downloads page, please download and install the "MP Drivers" instead.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hey Patrick:

Thanks for answering my question. It took a bit longer than I had anticipated, but still, thanks for the good intention.

I decided to try a few things here and there when I had the issue and after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I finally hit home with one of them which resulted in the issue being fixed. What I did is unknown to me since I no longer recall what it was. Long story short, my printer is working good and I have not had any issues after that.

Once again, thanks for answering my question.

Cheers!

Announcements