cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922- connection problems

djones1200
Apprentice

Seems alot of people are having trouble with this printer.  I currently cannot connect to my Wifi.  The printer sometimes detects the access point and then not.  It is so frustrating.  I have done EVERYTHING from unplugging all devices.  Manually putting in passcode.  All my other devices recongize the wifi.  Should I throw this @#$% printer out the window?

Any help is appreciated.  So why do all my other devices connect and this printer will not recognize the access point.  It says it is detected...but it isn't.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer has a 2.4Ghz radio and can only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast. 

If your router is dual or tri-band, and uses a single SSID name for both 2.4 and 5G, the printer might have problems.  You can usually overcome this by temporarily disabling the "SMART Connect" or single SSID name feature to get the printer connected.  Then re-enable.

Other things that can improve long term reliability involve assigning the printer a static IP address on your network.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements