cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6320 suddenly doesn't recognize cartridge

Skup
Apprentice

In the middle of printing, the lights started blinking and I got error code 1684: above (BK) ink tanks cannot be recognized. 

The cardridge was not empty and it was working fine all this time. I followed all instructions available online (resetting, cleaning head and connections, unplugged from power source for 10 minutes, reinstalled cartridges, held down power button, etc. etc.). I even bought a new (canon) cartridge, but that one was also not recognized. I also followed a couple instructions found here with similar issues on different printer. 

How can I resolve this issue, the printer works fine otherwise and is not ready for the dump (bought in 2020).

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Skup,

With your PIXMA TS6320 powered on, please open the cover.

Please take a picture of the ink tanks that are installed in your PIXMA TS6320 and then please post that image to your reply of this message.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cardridges.jpg

Hi Patrick, thanks for checking.

Skup
Apprentice

Hi Patrick, can you please give me further instructions or is this printer dead?

Announcements