cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6220 stuck on "please wait" message

EMVT95
Apprentice

My printer is showing a status of "Ending.... Please wait Momentarily" for the last 4 1/2 hours

I am not able to use my printer while this message is showing.  I tried shutting it off but t won't shut off. I tried to locate some way to fix this from devices .. printers  but nothing works.  I have not disconnected the power yet.  I may try that... 

Does someone know how to fix this??   

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi EMVT95! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that the LCD display on your PIXMA TS6220 is stuck on “Ending. Please wait momentarily.”

You mention that the printer will not shut down when you press the Power button. You can try holding down the Power button for 5 seconds and letting go. If it is still not turning off, you will need to disconnect the power cable.

Once the power cable is disconnected, I recommend that you open the printer, pull out the paper tray, and look for a paper jam or obstruction that may have slipped in (like a pen or pencil). You can look inside the printer (where the inks are) and in both paper trays (cassette and rear tray).

If you don’t see an obstruction or paper jam, you can move the printer to a different location and connect the power cable to a power outlet (directly on another wall). For troubleshooting purposes, do not connect the power cable to a power strip or surge protector.

After you connect the power cable to the outlet, please check the cable’s connection to the back of the printer. Then, turn the printer on. If the printer does not turn on properly or if it stays stuck on one of the screens and is unresponsive, you are dealing with a mechanical or electronic issue inside the printer.

This printer does have a one-year warranty.

If you purchased your printer within the last 12 months and you have a receipt that shows the purchase details, please create a My Canon Account in the following website and register the printer:

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/us/signin?redirect=%2Fus%2FaddProducts

After that, you can contact the Canon support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

If the printer is no longer in warranty and you want to pay for service, you can perform a web search with the key words "printer repair" and your zip code. That should pull up any electronic repair shops in your area that can service printers. We do recommend that you make sure the repair shop is reputable.

It may be more cost effective to purchase a replacement if you have had the printer for a while.

Through our Canon Upgrade Program, we can offer you a discount and free shipping on a new printer if the warranty is expired. If you are interested in that, please call (866) 443-8002 from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. (Eastern Time), Monday through Saturday to speak with one of our sales agents who would be happy to help you.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements