cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 Error codes E05 and E09

Samuellando
Contributor

Hello,

I just upgraded my M2 Macbook Air to the new M3 a few weeks ago.  Long story short, I reinstalled my Canon Pixma TS-3522 (including the software and drivers) to my device,  Everything went well until I decided to print my first page.  I would keep getting E-05 and E-09 errors, indicating an ink issue.  I checked both ink cartridges, and they were fine.  I even cleaned the connector points, and they too--were fine.  I thought it was a printer issue, but to make sure, I printed test pages from my Dell XPS, Surface Pro 8, and even through my IPhone and everything printed okay.  

I noticed that this only happens whenever I use my Macbook to print.  Is there a driver that I need to download, or is there something else which needs to be done?  Someone please help me. 

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Samuellando!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Samuellando
Contributor

I am running macOS 14 Sonoma.

Samuellando
Contributor

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Is Canon right now working on any patch for this issue?

lg2
Apprentice

Hey, I have exactly the same problem, running MacOS Big Sur 11.7.10.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Here is a glossary of error codes for the TS3500 Series:

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : TS3500 series : When Error Occurred

E05 and E09 are related to ink cartridge detection and communication failure of the installed inks.  Ensure the packaging and shipping tapes have been removed.  Ensure the cartridges are installed in the correct location and that you are using OEM Canon Inks.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Been there, done that.  Didn't work. 

Samuellando
Contributor

It has been 3 months, and I haven't gotten any word on a possible patch or fix for my problem using my printer on OS 14 Sonoma.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Announcements