cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS-3122 Error message E15 does not clear after installing new cartridges from Canon.

jmondello
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Redbud80
Apprentice

I only print with black ink although the color ink is also installed on my TS 3122. However the Color light flashes and now the error E 15 4x6 shows even though the settings are for 8x11 inkjet paper, Gray scale and Draft that is always used (and saved). I cannot stop this, and unplugging the PIXMA from the Windows 10 USB port AND the wall did not help as a desperate effort to "reset" or restart. ???

Hi,

The E15 error codes appears when an ink cartridge in unable to be recognized. You can try replacing the color ink cartridge to resolve the issue. 

Also, please be advised that when printing in grayscale, the printer will both the color and ink cartridges. You will want to go into the print settings and select black ink only if you're not already doing so. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, replacing the color ink cartridge was correct as I did not recognize that it was empty! Then the dreaded E15 error went away and I am now able to print. What confused me was that while using black and draft settings, the printer used BOTH black and color inks to function. In the printer manual it did not emphasize that and therefore I was led astray in trying to figure it out. THANKS for the revelation that everyone should know this (and it no doubt applies to all TS 3122 users and newer models?)

Announcements