cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620a keeps trying to print from the rear tray

Raydar
Apprentice

It's been a while now that my 8620a keeps trying to print from the rear tray and error shows up on every single print job saying no paper in the back tray. I've already restarted the printer and no luck. Feels like some sort of sensor in the back is broken and makes it think it's open while the back tray is fully closed.

5 REPLIES 5

RonBarkan
Apprentice

Are you using a Chromebook?

If so, see https://support.google.com/chromebook/thread/241195485?hl=en

No. I happened on Win 10, 11, and 2 Android devices.

Hi,

Please turn off the paper mismatch setting on the printer using the steps HERE and let us know if the paper still has a message about using the rear feed. 

We look forward to your reply. 

jleinung
Apprentice

Im having the same problem, printing from iMac running 14.1.1 - I have restarted printer, followed directions to turn off paper mismatch setting (as above) - no joy.  Keeps trying to print from the rear tray no matter what. 

Hi jleinung,

There is a setting on your printer that will specify the size and type of paper loaded in the rear tray and in the cassette.

If you set the rear tray to a paper size that you are not using, then the printer will feed paper from the other paper source.

For example, if you set the rear tray to 4" x 6" and the cassette to Letter, when you print with letter size from your Mac, the paper will be fed from the cassette.

To set the rear tray to 4" x 6", please follow these steps:

1.  Tap the gear icon.

One.jpg

2.  Tap Feed settings.

Two.jpg

3.  Tap Rear tray paper settings.

Three.jpg

4.  Tap Change.

Four.jpg

5. Select a paper size that is NOT the size you wish to print with.

Five.jpg

 6.  Select a paper type.

Six.jpg

7.  Tap Yes.

Once set, please attempt to print.

You can also specify the paper source in the application that you are printing from.

Let's take TextEdit as an example.  Click on File and Print and scroll down to the Media & Quality section and change the "Feed From" from "Auto Select" to the location of your paper in your printer.

Patrick_0-1715171366576.png

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements