cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620 Jam

skytech
Apprentice

SO frustrated. For no apparent reason, this guy beeps at me with a paper jam. I open the top, but can see only a sliver  of paper in one corner behind the ink. There is no paper to be seen anywhere, unless you look from the bottom of the printer--there's a little window where you can see something's actually in there. Nothing for me to grip onto--not even with tweezers. Not sure why this happened, and have NO idea how to get it out. I'm not one to spend 3 hours taking apart a barely-used/nearly-new printer. Do I throw it out and go with a different brand? Any quick ideas before I get to that point?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again!

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mike

Hi skytech,

Welcome to the Canon Forum!

We understand your frustration and hope we can help.
Please review the information at the following link: 
https://canon.us/3XMq4jA 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks! 

This doesn't help. The paper is jammed in there, but there is NO way to get it out. 

Hello again!

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements