cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620 Driver Download Issue - Must be logged in as an administrator?

ksvetaka
Apprentice

I have a Canon TR8620. It is on a corporate laptop that has domain admin rights. The driver download available on your website for this printer when trying to run it says you need admin rights. My IT person, who is trying to load the driver, and has domain and pc admin rights is unable to get past the error that says admin rights are required, even when she chooses "run as administrator". Do you have a solution to enable executing this file for me?

ksvetaka_0-1661275123988.png

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I just tried to install the TR8620 on both my work station and personal computer and I was able to fully install the drive with any admin errors. I would recommended having your IT team double check the computer to make sure there is nothing that could be causing a conflict with the driver install. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My laptop is running on a corporate domain so it is not just a simple install issue. My IT person has both Domain and Local Admin rights....and they have tried to "run as admin" and it still tells them they need adm rights after doing so. Something more going on here that Canon does not appear to be able to help with. My IT has loaded drivers for many other brands of printers with no issue, but the Canon set up does not want to work

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ksvetaka,

This issue is likely on the laptop, and not the file itself as Arthur J points pointed out.  Its also possible to change the extension from .exe to .zip, then manually extract the folder and run the set up file.  May not change the outcome, but worth a look. 

Also take a look at ownership.  Right Click, select properties from the context menu, then Security tab, Advanced button.  Ensure your user is the owner.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements