cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 - jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error - Mac Catalina 10.15

ECK
Apprentice

Started off as 'Document Scan' (scanning multiple pgs in one PDF) not working off of the full (not lite) Canon scanning utility app on Mac to now the entire set scanning utility functions are missing off of my Canon Quick Menu.  I did no recent upgrades to OS or anything else but the thing just stopped working.  Was working still just last nite!!! 

There are no drivers listed for the TR8520.  At least Image Capture still works with it. 

Printing still works as well so its not a communications problem between the machine and my Mac.  Very odd. Please somebody help!

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 1.28.59 AM.png

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi ECK.

The PIXMA TR8520 is supported only with the Lite version of the IJ Scan Utility, not the "full" version.  The Lite version is designed to work with the ICA (Image Capture) scanner drivers native to Mac OS.  Try opening "...\ Applications \ Canon Utilities", and then dragging the IJ Scan Utility folder to the trash. Next, download and run the IJ Scan Utility Lite installation from the TR8520 Drivers & Downloads page, Software tab.

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for your personalized support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements