cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7020a Error Code 168D

irvingiron1
Apprentice

I have a printer Canon TR7000 and when I change the cartridges it appear and error code 168D the ink cartridge can not be recognized

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please take a picture of the ink cartridge that caused the printer error and attach it to your reply. If you are unable to take a picture, please reply with the information on the cartridge( ink number, where the cartridge was made, etc).

We look forward to your reply. 

Ink cartridge purchased from Cannon, #260 black, I bought two black at the same time. Both give me an error 168D. On searching the Web---I found out I need Cannon service on my printer to replace the FINE cartridge?????.

Hi,

If you are enrolled in a subscription like the PIXMA Print Plan, you would need to use the inks Canon sends you otherwise an error will appear. 

If you are not using an ink plan, then the ink you have would not require a service for replacing. 

At this time, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well

Announcements