cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4500 Unable to scan

aingarth
Apprentice

I purchased a PIXMA TR4500 printer/scanner earlier this year. However, Canon now state that the PIXMA iP4500 has been retired. Product support is no longer available. Driver and content updates are not being made.   I find this very troubling as I have always thought that products sold would all have a viable life of at least a few years of support.

I have lost the ability to scan via the loss of the driver. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, aingarth! 

It sounds like there might be some confusion between two models with similar names.  The PIXMA iP4500 is indeed an older model from 2007 which we no longer support.  The printer you have, however, is part of the PIXMA TR4500 series which was introduced much more recently in 2018 and which we still fully support.  You can download everything you need for it for free right HERE.

Keep in mind that this information pertains to the US-model PIXMA TR4720 and PIXMA TR4722.  If you have a different model number (as shown on the front of the unit), then it's probably meant for another part of the world.  We recommend contacting the Canon company that serves the country your printer was intended for and you can look them up here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, aingarth! 

It sounds like there might be some confusion between two models with similar names.  The PIXMA iP4500 is indeed an older model from 2007 which we no longer support.  The printer you have, however, is part of the PIXMA TR4500 series which was introduced much more recently in 2018 and which we still fully support.  You can download everything you need for it for free right HERE.

Keep in mind that this information pertains to the US-model PIXMA TR4720 and PIXMA TR4722.  If you have a different model number (as shown on the front of the unit), then it's probably meant for another part of the world.  We recommend contacting the Canon company that serves the country your printer was intended for and you can look them up here.

Hope this helps!

Many thanks indeed, I appreciate your help very much.

Announcements