cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

gnc
Contributor
How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gnc
Contributor
I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

I just tried this and it worked. wow i didnt think it would but i was shocked because its was a simple fix on an issue i have been trying to fix for 2 days. I was about to try and take the head off before is saw this thread. thanks for the help.

Thanks for the tip.  This worked for me as well.

cheers

Thanks for the two comments. I ordered a new Canon QY6-0086 printhead since all indications were that the MX922 printer was fundamentally okay.

I reiterate that the longterm problem with the printer has been a diverging vertical pattern in the PGBK section of the head alignment test sheet. This caused shadow double printing that appeared every two or three lines in pages of text. I tried to clean the printhead but that only caused the B200 error to appear. 

Without any clear solution to the B200 that worked for me, I ordered and installed the new Canon printhead. The printer now works like new again.

Thanks to all on the forum.

Thank you very much! It worked for me

Thank you for the solution. Had to do it twice byt it WORKED!

Now I have two MX922 that print some text rows in double images unless I select Matte paper or print all documents even black and white ones by selecting color. Anyone have a solution for this. I understand that Canon is blaming warped print heads. But how do they warp overnight and not progressively. Both machines have exactly the same offset.  

Brilliant and THANK YOU!!!!

If this procedure clears the error but then it re-appears when you go to print try performing a deep cleaning from the maintenance menu right after you clear the error. This approach resolved the issue completely for me and the printer returned to printing without any issues.

Hello!   Thank you for sharing this solution. I have an MX922 and your solution worked like a charm...just when I thought all hope was lost.  Smiley LOL

Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestion. Tried it on two double black printing MX922 with no success. Have new print head on order. Will post after test.

I get this code / issue repeatedly. I like the product, but I've no confidence they fixed issues like this. Are newer ones more reliable?
Announcements