cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 How Do I Turn Off Color Ink?

ryevick
Contributor

I have the MX922 and it is using up color ink fast even with the preferences set to grayscale printing. How do I disable use of color ink and monitoring? I'm sick and tired of having to buy color ink cartridges when I am only printing black text documents!

22 REPLIES 22

I have a Pixma TS8050. I do not have the "Print With" dropdown menu (your no.4) but instead I have an option that says: "Disable the color profile setting of the application software." I ticked the box alongside that and, wonder of wonders, it solved the problem. The page that previously printed with lots of text in red now prints in black only.

Knowalot
Apprentice

10/5/23  I called today. I spent so much money on color cartridges. Tried everything. Same feelings as you!  The answer I got was ALWAYS SELECT COLOR. Even if your document/page doesn't have color, it will message the printer to use the small black ink cartridge. Because, BLACK IS A COLOR! Forget the grayscale. Turn that off. (If grayscale is checked, you can uncheck it by going to your printer through your computer) That will also make the printer put colors together in an attempt to make black ink just like selecting black. So, when you are copying manually select color. When printing from your computer, select color. You know the large ink cartridge is for photos. It is a different ink that will not smear on glossy paper.   I'm going to start doing this today. I'm sure it will work. I don't know  why I never thought of this. It's just common sense. Good luck. 

Knowalot
Apprentice

I read what other people had to say. PLAIN PAPER has nothing to do with the ink. Holding down buttons doesn't either. Other crazy stuff doesn't work either. See below.

Announcements