Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Blank Page Printing Problems

FlyHuffy
Apprentice

Printing Problem
I have A MACBOOK PRO 2019 16” LAPTOP OS is Sonoma 14.1.1
It is connecting to my Canon Pixma MX922 Firmware version is 3.041
via my Wifi system or Direct Connection using the Printer Cable provided.
My printing has worked flawless until just recently.

Problem: when I ask to print from my laptop the Printer gets the signal from the laptop, initiates printing, but little to nothing will print on the page.
The same results if I print from my Iphone to Ipad. Every time the printer responds to print a page but nothing is printed on the page.

Yes I have asked the printer for a test page, it prints just fine.
I have cleaned the nozzles
I have Deep Cleaning the nozzles
I have Auto head Alignment
I have done Roller Cleaning.
The printer works just fine.
The Firmware is up to date.

From my Laptop I can browse to the printer using the IP4 address and I can see the printer configuration. When I ask for a Page print while in the Printer configurations I get only Headers and box for the Network Configuration but no data of the values on that screen, and that is the same for every screen of the Printer Configurations.
I have discovered that while in the browser, in the Printer Configuration pages if I do a ScreenPrint (Command + Shift +3) that screen Print will print to the printer, fully intact for both Wifi printing and Direct Connect printing.

What is going on is not something that I can figure out without a more in-debt understanding of how AirPrint works and it’s Protocol when talking to printers.

Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. After trying many things I gave up and I decided to use the Reset Everything function in the printer menu system. This solved the problem. Everything is printing fine now and I am so happy that I don’t need to purchase a new printer. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

After you performed the cleaning, did you print the nozzle check directly from the printer? If so, could you take a picture of it and attach it to your reply. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you for your reply. After trying many things I gave up and I decided to use the Reset Everything function in the printer menu system. This solved the problem. Everything is printing fine now and I am so happy that I don’t need to purchase a new printer. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements