cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 Printer Alignment Error

charlie-girl
Apprentice

I was printing on business cards and one of the sheets created a paper jam in my machine.  When I tried to clear the jam in the back of the machine, the sheet tore loose a card section.  In order to get the small remaining section out of the machine, I had to tip the machine onto its front side.  Ever since I did this, my printer has not printed correctly.  The top part of the print job is slanted to the right, the middle section is fine, and the bottom section is slanted to the left.  I have tried to run a print head allignment from my computer multiple times, but nothing seems to help.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi charlie-girl,

Based on your description of the issue, it would appear as though the encoder/timing strip in your PIXMA MX492 is dirty or smudged and would need to be cleaned.  To clean the encoder/timing strip, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article available from Canon's web site:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164873

After cleaning, please attempt to print again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements