cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX452 - How to resolve error 'A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed'

n0036710
Apprentice

I own a PIXMA MX452 where I have been successfully scanning until just a few days ago. 

Now when I try to bring up the scanner utility, I am receiving error 'A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed.  Install it and try again.   (see attached screenshot)

I am on Windows 10 (x64).    There was a windows 10 automated update done to my laptop last week so I have a feeling that has now screwed up this scan utility.   I did confirm that 'SCANUTILITY.exe' is still installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility but it will no longer launch successfully. 

Any suggestions what I need to do to resolve my issue. 

Thank you! 

error message.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers might help with this issue.  Please follow the steps below.  If the printer is used with a USB cable connection to the computer, disconnect the USB cable from the printer first.

1.  Click the Start Button and search for the Control Panel, then open the Control Panel.
2.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3.  Uninstall the MX450 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
4.  Go back to the Control Panel.
5.  Open Devices and Printers.
6.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done, visit this link to download and reinstall the MX450 Series MP Drivers.  Once the setup is complete, try using the IJ Scan Utility again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers might help with this issue.  Please follow the steps below.  If the printer is used with a USB cable connection to the computer, disconnect the USB cable from the printer first.

1.  Click the Start Button and search for the Control Panel, then open the Control Panel.
2.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3.  Uninstall the MX450 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
4.  Go back to the Control Panel.
5.  Open Devices and Printers.
6.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Once this has been done, visit this link to download and reinstall the MX450 Series MP Drivers.  Once the setup is complete, try using the IJ Scan Utility again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you as that resolved my issue!!   

Just one clarification for everyone, you had stated to also uninstall 'Canon IJ Network Tool' if listed.  That was not specificially listed but 'Canon IJ Scan Utility' was listed which I did uninstall. 

Thank you again!! 

Announcements