cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX 490 printer did not work after power outage

Grace2024
Apprentice

Hi All,

I really need some help. My PIXMA MX 490 printer did not work after power outage.

I appreciate those relevant helpful tips/points in this community. Following what I learned, here are what I did:

1. Unplugged the power cord from the back of the printer and from the surge protector and left them out for ~15 minutes, then plugged it back in – but changed to another port.
  2. Turned on the printer, it showed green light, at least not flashing error light.
  3. Tried to print “Test” (Word doc), a blank page came out when in fact the Black and color inks are all fine. Two times of trying failed.

So, what else should I do? Any suggestions or help are highly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can narrow down if this is a hardware or software issue, please print a nozzle check using the steps HERE

Once the nozzle check prints, please attach a copy of it to your reply. 

We look forward to hearing from you.  

Hi Arthur,

Thank you so much for your reply and instructions. Sorry for the delayed response, because not only previous issue persisted, but also new issue with error code B204.

The service light (orange/yellowish) kept flashing all the time, no matter how many times I turned off printer (+unplugging power cord) and then back on as instructed (or shared tips). Nevertheless, the ink cartridges couldn’t move to the center. I couldn’t print nozzle check pattern.

Note: my cartridges are nearly half-full.

Thankfully, I finally found a helpful video “Canon Pixma mx492 error code b203 or b204”  After following the steps advised per video, I manually moved the cartridges to the center and tested with empty Canon Cartridges (because my ink cartridges are not Canon origin), then NO flashing yellow light anymore.

So, it seems that I may need to throw away my current ink cartridges.?

click here to view the gallery
Announcements