cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7520 - Processing...Please wait momentarily.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Processing...  Please wait momentarily"

This message displays everytime I try to print.  Does not matter what I am printing - documents, photos, labels.

Once in a great while the message is only there for a few minutes, most times it just sits there for hours, but this time it has been almost two weeks.   I travelled to a relatives home and stayed for ten days,  I tried to print hotel reservation confirmations before my two day drive.  I gave up and left home on Aug 17th, but forgot to turn off the printer.  I returned home on the 30th.  The printer still showed  "Processing.... Please wait momentarliy"

• I pulled the power plug on it and left unplugged for a couple days.
  • I tried printing from a different device.
  • I tried updating the print drivers
  • I tried manually deleting and reinstalling the print drivers.
  • I changed the USB cable
  • I tried using a network connection
  • I factory reset the printer
  • I installed updated firmware to the printer
  • I installed new ink cartridges

If and when the message finally leaves the screen it prints normally. For example a 4x6 photo only takes a few seconds to print.  Then if you try to print a one page document  it just sits there for hours before taking less than 30 seconds to print a single page.  I tried sending ten different print jobs to it.  After each print job finishes the message returns before it will proceed to the next.

It just started doing the first week of April and is getting progessively worse.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I did something extremely stupid yesterday.  I went into the printer SETUP menu and selected Firmware Update, then selected Install Update.

The printer downloaded a firmware update and installed it.

The printer power cycled (aka rebooted).

The LCD screen now shows "End Of Life" for 90 seconds then powers off.

Press the power button again and it shows "End Of Life" then shuts off again.

So it seems I now have both an obsolete MG7520 and obsolete Powershot SX60HS that will now cost me a $45 electronics disposal fee for each one.

That's great..................

Hi DingleBob,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements