cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6822 does not respond to the "Home" button

CanOnly1
Apprentice

When plugged in to 120 V outlet, the triangular orange light turns on, but there is no response to pressing the "Home" button or and of the other keys. The information screen does not light up. Is there a service manual available, so I can repair the printer.

Printer was left in winter home for 5 months unused. Since new it worked flawlessly until May 15, 2022.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please try another power outlet and if the same issue happens, the printer has experienced an internal hardware issue and would require service. 

Please keep in mind that the costs associated with having this service performed may exceed the cost of a brand new printer and because of that, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please try another power outlet and if the same issue happens, the printer has experienced an internal hardware issue and would require service. 

Please keep in mind that the costs associated with having this service performed may exceed the cost of a brand new printer and because of that, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well. 

ArthurJ -

Thank you for the explanation. I tried several other 120v outlets without a different response. I consistently declined firmware updates when my printer offered them because it worked well. Could I have outdated the printer software by omission and subsequently locked the printer out of all communicating?

Where do I find a service center near US zip code 04401?

Announcements