cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6620 Only Printing Blank Pages

cuka
Apprentice

Didn't use my printer for about 2 years and brought it back out to use. Everything else works fine on the printer but it's not printing any ink, just completely blank pages of paper. I've tried cleaning, deep cleanings, new ink, cleaning the printer head twice and still just getting blank pages coming out. There are not even any ink streaks on the paper. Any recommendations on things I can do before I completely give up?

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the cleanings and deep cleaning did not resolve the issue, the printer would require service. 

If you printer is outside of it's 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Two years is a LONG time to not print at all on an inkjet printer. Chances are it is hopelessly dried out and clogged.

New ink tanks don't help if the print HEAD is the problem. A new printer is in store for you.

Print something occasionally, like weekly, that uses all the colors. Doesn't have to be heavy ink coverage, just enough to see that ink is flowing onto the paper.

Announcements