cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6350 won't print text properly in black when PGBK ink cartridge is full but BK empty

sebweb2
Apprentice

Hello,

I always have this issue with my Pixma MG6350 printer that uses way too much ink.

I never print any photo or illustration, only text, and yet I always end up with an empty BK cartridge, whereas it is supposed to be dedicated to photos and illustrations.

The worst thing is that when that cartridge is empty, the printer won't even print black at all even though the PGBK (which is supposed to be dedicated to text!!!) is full.

It is so annoying and costs me a lot of money.

Any tip to be able to keep printing text in black like I'm supposed to be able to when PGBK is full but BK is empty?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, sebweb2!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using within the PIXMA MG6300 series.  The model number should appear to the right of the LCD screen. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry, it is the MG6350.
I've edited my post.

Thank you.

bradthetechnut
Enthusiast

Black text prints off of the black cartridge.  Color cartridge should be able to takeover when black is empty, so I'm not sure why it's having an issue.  I print mostly text so my black cartridge always gets used up faster than color.

Announcements