cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6320 Printing Half-Blank Page Followed By Completely Blank Pages

JEI17
Apprentice

I’m having a slightly different problem with my MG6320 using Windows 10.

Printing a document the other day, the printer suddenly went from correct operation to all-blank sheets. A sheet started properly, but the second half came out totally blank. All subsequent sheets and all subsequent documents are totally blank.

I tried the maintenance operations: Cleaning, Deep Cleaning, Print Head Alignment, and Nozzle Check without success. Even the test sheets of the maintenance operations were blank.

All along, the printer emits the pattern of noises and the pattern of paper movement that I’m used to from years of reliable operation.

None of the ink tanks are low. It doesn’t help to restart the printer or the computer.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

JEI17
Apprentice

Attempting to isolate the fault, I tried the scanning feature of the MG6320. It operates correctly. So the image-data transfer works at least in one direction.

Could it be that something went wrong mechanically in the printing hardware?

Please suggest other troubleshooting steps.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JEI17,

First, let's perform a test of your PIXMA MG6320. To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG6320 and follow these steps:

1. Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your PIXMA MG6320.

2. Tap Maintenance.

3. Tap Print nozzle check pattern.

4. Tap Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print. Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.  If it does not print correctly, please make sure that your ink tanks contain ink, replacing them as necessary.  If the printout is still incorrect, please perform 2 or 3 deep cleanings.  After performing cleanings, if the printout still does not print correctly, your PIXMA MG6320 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

MG6320 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JEI17
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, but how to I "Flick the HOME screen?"

JEI17
Apprentice

Also is doing a nozzle check from the HOME screen the same as initiating it from the PC?

Announcements