cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5650 prints some lines darker than others

otpkd
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok.  If the print head cleaning thing doesn't turn out, printer may have an electronic problem.  Though yours is not a $50 printer, I had 2 of those that developed electronic problems.

If your printer is in warranty yet, then you're in better luck.

Also, you might be able to access Canon support directly through your Canon account or 1-800-OK-CANON.  They also have a out of warranty printer replacement program that gives discount on new printer if qualified.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bradthetechnut
Enthusiast

What is your printer model number and can you upload a photo(s) of what it's doing?

Dear Brad,

Thanks for your message. The model is a Canon Pixma MG5650.

We have Scanned an example of a page as a jpg, which appears below. I can't eliminate the space between, as I tried once and it seemed to destroy the Scan. I hope this works.

Best wishes, Oliver Dickinson

Example of variable printing.jpg

Thanks for uploading image.  I take it what looks like bold print shouldn't be.

There are a few things I would try.

Thank you for these. Yes, the bits that look bold represent the problem. I have done a print nozzle check, and been told it did not need cleaning, but will investigate cleaning the print head.

Best wishes, Oliver Dickinson

Ok.  If the print head cleaning thing doesn't turn out, printer may have an electronic problem.  Though yours is not a $50 printer, I had 2 of those that developed electronic problems.

If your printer is in warranty yet, then you're in better luck.

Also, you might be able to access Canon support directly through your Canon account or 1-800-OK-CANON.  They also have a out of warranty printer replacement program that gives discount on new printer if qualified.

Announcements