cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5220 Scanning with empty cartridges

Madriver50
Apprentice

I currently have a Canon MG5220 printer/scanner with an iMac operating with Mavericks. I would like to scan only with this unit, but I get an error message requiring me to replace the ink cartridges. Is there a way to bypass this error message without having to buy new cartridges ?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Madriver50,

Disabling the ink level detection function of the printer will prevent the ink warnings from displaying and allow you to continue scanning until you are able to replace the low/out of ink tanks.  To do this, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it.  Please note that you will need to perform this process for each ink tank that is low or out of ink.

Once you replace the low ink tanks with Canon genuine ink tanks, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ron

Thanks for being active in our community. We are happy to share that it is possible to scan with an empty ink tank or cartridge. To start scanning follow the instructions at the link here: https://canon.us/pixma

Announcements