cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 won't print from PC, how to clean nozzle

MargretRose
Apprentice

My computer is running 64-bit Windows 11. The printer  is turned on and connected with a USB cable; the ink cartridges are brand new. Windows Devices and Printers says that the printer is there and working normally, except it won't print. It tries, but all I get are a couple small blobs of ink; I think the printer nozzle needs cleaning. This seems to need to be done by Canon My Printer, but when I run it it says the printer isn't connected.

So, two questions:

1. How do I get My Printer to actually find the printer?
  2. Is there some other way to clean the printer nozzle?
2 REPLIES 2

MargretRose
Apprentice

Correction: MG3600 Series, but apparently not a 3620.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MargretRose,

You can perform maintenance features from your printer itself, without the need for a computer.

First, please print a test page.  To do this, please hold down the STOP button until the Error light blinks 1 time, then release it immediately.

Please compare your printout with the example at the bottom of this post.

If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings by holding down the STOP button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange twice, then release it immediately.

More information regarding maintenance procedures can be viewed in the manual by clicking this link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance1000.html

MG2520 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements