cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Scanning error message: printer in use or an error has occurred, check status

murphyscountry
Contributor

DOWNLOADED & INSTALLED msul-mac-4_0_1-ea21_3.dmg and mmig-mac-3_6_7-ea11.dmg and mmig-mac-3_6_7-ea11.dmg and scanner printer still not workinf

when try to scan get "printer use or an error has occured. check status:

on printer: yellow lite in triangle blinks: air drop icon blue lite

mac os Big Sur 11.7.10

since lat Big Sur upgrade having this problem

which is why I downloaded &B installed above driver upgrades

have shut down restarted both mac & printer

i know enough to be dangerous but am 78 years & not a digital native 

really do need my scanner & printer to work for my simple life style

Many Thanks

Nana Murphys Country

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Is the printer connected to your Mac vis USB cord or is the printer connected to your network? 

We look forward to your reply. 

USB

Hi,

Please make sure you installed the CUPS driver: mcpd-mac-mg3600-16_70_0_0-ea21_3.dmg and ICA driver: misd-mac-ijscanner15f-5_0_0-ea21_3.dmg

Once both files are installed, go back and add the printer in printers and scanners. Make sure for Canon driver is listed and not the built in Apple driver. After the printer is added, open IJ Scan Utility and try to scan again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank You for your time & info reply; had completed driver install as you mentioned; continued error message not scanning not printing: war to official Cannon site as have an account & 3 cannon printers, paying $19.99 help fee; after 1 hour 40 minutes no correction, Cannon offered rebate Voucher for the $19.99 & applied to purchase a new MD3620. 

Again, thank you & all others offering your input as I did listen & follow suggestions; for what ever reason my printer needed to be replaced. 

When new printer 

Arrived I will scan & print & update  Y'ALL IN CANON FORUM who have been so kind in reaching out to my error messages dilemma:(

Thank You¡

click here to view the gallery
Announcements