cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Color & Black Ink Cartridges Ink Replacement

Bbjbowen
Apprentice

I bought this exact printer from a retail store and in less than a month of printing, I got a caution blinker that the ink was low. I’m searching around for a great price on ink replacement and I found this price on the Canon website. It's almost the same price as the printer. Is that a reasonable price for ink cartridges?

Note: the ink cartridges are packaged in the printer box, also I have a suggestion to remove the words “Color & Black” to describe the cartidges

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

normadel
Authority
Authority

You bought into the "low-cost inkjet printer" trap.  You have one of the many inkjet printers that are very low cost to purchase but give you a shock when you go to buy new ink cartridges. 

"Reasonable" price is a vague, useless term. Canon's price is what it is, no matter who you get it from.  Aftermarket inks can save a lot of money.  LD Products is a good  company that I use.....

[Removed 3rd party sale link per Community Guidelines.]

I don't know what you mean by your last sentence. Your printer uses a black cartridge and a color cartridge. Three-color cartridges are wasteful and are only used in the cheapest printers anymore. If one color runs out, you are throwing away the other colors to replace the cartridge. Long term it's cheaper to use a higher-price printer that has separate cartridges for each color.

View solution in original post

I would research printers that use PGI 250XL (black) and CLI 251XL (numerous colors)

1) canon or aftermarket are fairly cheap

2) seemed to last a longgg time

3) can replace just one ... as needed (inkjets.com)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

normadel
Authority
Authority

You bought into the "low-cost inkjet printer" trap.  You have one of the many inkjet printers that are very low cost to purchase but give you a shock when you go to buy new ink cartridges. 

"Reasonable" price is a vague, useless term. Canon's price is what it is, no matter who you get it from.  Aftermarket inks can save a lot of money.  LD Products is a good  company that I use.....

[Removed 3rd party sale link per Community Guidelines.]

I don't know what you mean by your last sentence. Your printer uses a black cartridge and a color cartridge. Three-color cartridges are wasteful and are only used in the cheapest printers anymore. If one color runs out, you are throwing away the other colors to replace the cartridge. Long term it's cheaper to use a higher-price printer that has separate cartridges for each color.

I would research printers that use PGI 250XL (black) and CLI 251XL (numerous colors)

1) canon or aftermarket are fairly cheap

2) seemed to last a longgg time

3) can replace just one ... as needed (inkjets.com)

click here to view the gallery
Announcements