cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 paper jam error with no paper in printer

donutguy640
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG2522, that I haven't used in several months. It's alarm lamp is flashing 3 times, indicating a paper jam according to the manual, but there's no paper in the tray, or inside the machine. The manual suggested putting a piece of paper in and holding the stop button till the alarm flashes 8 times, but doing so changes nothing. It doesn't start any cleaning cycle, and the alarm continues to flash 3x.

I've also seen somewhere suggesting letting the print cartridges sit in a plate of water and/or vinegar, but I can't get the thing to move them into position for me to remove them. Can't really remember what I did to put new ones in, but I thought it was just opening the access panel. Can I just pull the print head assembly over to where I can remove them? Is that likely to help?

Also, not real sure if I'm using the right terms, like access panel and print head assembly, just using what I think they're likely to be called.

Sad thing is, I'm not really even trying to print right now, just scan something! I would like to know what to do to fix both, but wonder if something more serious is wrong, or if a print head error just also disables the scanner.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements