cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Says Printer Cannot Connect to the OS On Your Device

Judjud21
Apprentice

I am trying to setup my canon Mg2522 to my lapto and it’s saying printer cannot connect to the OS running on your device 

3 REPLIES 3

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Judjud21! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that your computer is saying that your PIXMA MG2522 won’t work with your computer’s operating system.

You may need to download the proper driver and install it on your computer. If the USB cable is connected, please disconnect the USB cable and restart the computer before you install the driver. When you are done restarting your computer, please go to the following website:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522

If your computer is running Windows, we recommend downloading and installing the MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 that is 14.90 MB from that website. The rest of the options listed and are not needed.

If you have a Mac computer, you will need to download and install the CUPS Printer Driver, the ICA Driver, and the IJ Scan Utility2 from the website.

Should you need further assistance, please write back with an answer to the following question:

• What operating system is your computer running?  For example, is it running Windows 7, Windows 10, or MacOS 12.

Please be sure to provide the version of Windows or Mac.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Drek
Apprentice

I’m currently trying to do the same thing it’s not letting me in no ways 😭this is ridiculous 

It’s Samsung Chromebook 

Announcements