cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Says Driver Unavailable and Won't Print

KjDalton
Apprentice

i have a pixima mg2522 printer that says driver unavailable and wont print. i have removed the printer and tried to add it several times and still wont print. tried to download driver and wont work with my laptop. got a new printer-the same one pixima mg2522 and still have the same problem. supposed to work with my laptop since it just uses a USB cord to add and print. havent had the laptop longer either and need to get things working. dont know what to do other than try a bunch of different youtube videos. need help....getting frustrated 

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version).  Any 
other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

i have windows on a Lenovo laptop. any other time i have had the same printer in the past using an hp laptop and not having the same issue. hope its not my laptop when i should just be able to use a USB cord and print no problem.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Windows drivers for the MG2522 can be found here:

Canon Support for PIXMA MG2522 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

It sounds like you may have connected the printer before installing drivers.  You need to run the installer, and not connect the printer until prompted to do so.  If you connected the device first, and have a failed installation attempt, please remove the printer from Control Panel > Device and Printers.  Now disconnect it and restart your PC.  Then run the installer and connect it when prompted to do so. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ill try that in the morning.  but i didnt have to do that when i had my old hp laptop. with the old laptop or any one that i did have all you would have to do is just connect with the USB cord that came with the printer

KjDalton
Apprentice

im starting to think that it might be my lenovo laptop for the driver unavailble thing. hopefully i can get this issue resolved

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements