cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Can't Get the Scanner to Work

dtilt1
Contributor

I installed a new printer.  everything works except I cannot get the scanner to work

the utilities icon is not on my desktop and I cannot locate it, therefore I can't scan anything

help

11 REPLIES 11

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

What version of Windows or MacOS are you running? 

We look forward to your reply. 

dtilt1
Contributor

windows 11 version 22H2

Hi,

Please click the link HERE and when the support page opens, please download and install the MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.02 file. 

Once the install is complete, click the Windows start button and scroll down until you see a Canon Utilities folder. Open the folder and check to see if IJ Scan Utility . If the program is there, open it and select photo or document to start scanning. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

got it to downloads and when I install it, it goes to the C prompt and says successful.
I cannot find it anywhere on my computer to install and add it to the desktop

dtilt1_0-1668646975840.png

Hi,

Open the control panel on your computer and select View devices and printers. If  the you were able to run the installer for the Canon driver, the printer icon should appear there along with your other printer. 

If it does appear, then you should be able to select it in IJ Scan Utility. 

We look forward to your reply. 

none of this works, can't find the Utility option anywhere

Hi,

It sounds like the driver is not fully installing or is not installing correctly.

Since it wont install correctly, you wont be able to scan with IJ Scan Utility or access the printer/scanner driver.

At this time I recommended reaching out to Microsoft and they can troubleshoot why your computer is not correctly downloading/installing the Canon printer/scanner driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dtilt1
Contributor

how do I get a hold of Microsoft to ask?

john98
Apprentice

I am having the same problem with a Windows 10 computer. I have tried to install the software 3 times and it does not install the scanner utility. I have an old XP computer that I was able to get to work with the printer. The scanner utility installs properly, so the only way I can use the scanner function of my printer is with my XP computer. Canon should fix this problem instead of blaming Microsoft.

Announcements