cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 offline when printing from computer

cristiane_lando
Apprentice

My Pixma G7020 will stay connected to my phone but every day goes offline many times when trying to print with my computer. Not even restarting both computer and printer works

7 REPLIES 7

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Assuming you have your printer connected to a WiFi network?

What computer and operating system do you have?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

thank you for your message

Yes its on WiFi

I have a DELL computer and Windows 10

My guess is that it may be power settings on your computer that is causing the issue.  There are other articles that came up in a search, but this WiFi Keeps Disconnecting article, contains several different things to check.  It's quite technical, but provides instructions for Windows 10.

--
Ricky

It`s not the WiFi because I stay connected with emails working, internet working, etc

This issue happens only with the printer

Not sure.  From what you wrote, it sounded like since things are working great with your phone, I had thought the computer would be the issue.

I'd still look though at your computer's power savings.  And double-check any network or power saving settings on printer settings as well.   Look for options such as "wake on network access" or similar-worded features and ensure they are enabled.

--
Ricky

ColdCommuter
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue using either Windows 11, a Macbook Pro (Intel) running Ventura 13.4.1 on a LAN, or a Macbook Air (M1) running Ventura on WiFi. Sorry but it's definitely not the power settings. Unlike Cristiane, it disappears from iPhones too. Router is Asus AC5300 and the issue occurs whether in tri-band mode or using separate 2.4 and 5G SSIDs. 

The G7020 disconnects within minutes if not seconds. In fact, if I print two documents from any device, the printer will disconnect before printing the second one starts printing (while I'm watching the print queue on the screen).

I've assigned a static IP on the router. I've removed and reinstalled printer drivers. Nothing works. I believe the Asus router and the G7020 are being mean to each other but have not found a way to make them "play nice".

Rebooting the printer briefly re-establishes a WiFi connection for 30 seconds or so. But not always: about 1 out of 10 times I have to reboot my enter internet stack (Fibre modem, router, switches) to get the printer to connect.

At the moment I'm pretty unhappy with the G7020, despite the fact that the quality is great and the huge ink tanks are exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks in advance for help/tips.

Hi,

Based on the steps you have taken already,  I recommend reaching out to Canon support. The real time feedback of a live technical support call/chat would be very beneficial in this case.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Announcements