cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Queue Freezes, Screen Shows "Printing" after Completion, Preventing More Print Jobs

jazztrpt
Contributor

I apparently screwed something up when I pulled a sheet out while printing. Now my Pixma G7020 freezes after every print job is completed. The screen shows that it thinks it's still printing. And the document that was just printed shows "printing" in the queue as well, preventing anything else to be printed. I have to delete the doc, then unplug the printer to reset it every time. Is there a solution to reset the printer without having to delete it and reinstall? If not, I try that.

7 REPLIES 7

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

From your description, I wonder whether you've somehow damaged a sensor in the printer? When you pulled a sheet of paper out, did it tear? Are you sure you retrieved all the bits?

Your printer probably has a sensor which detects when the tail edge of the paper leaves the mechanism. The printer uses this signal to register that the print job is complete. If it's not firing, the printer won't know it's finished and you'll get the symptom you describe.

What form that sensor takes in your printer, I'm not sure. Look to see if there's a plastic finger dangling in the path of the paper at the output point. I'm guessing there might be a sliver of paper stuck in it. Or it might not be swinging freely, or might be out of position, maybe off its hinge. Or missing altogether. Take a look and see if you can work it out. It might be a simple repair.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.

Great suggestion...thanks for your reply!

I'm not seeing a sensor and the paper I removed was intact, not torn. I have a feeling that clearing the cache may resolve the issue. Does anyone know how to go about doing this on the G7020?

Hi,

What version of Windows or MacOS is your computer running? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Win 10. I found a tech support # on Google. Not sure why it doesn't appear anywhere on their website. Anyway, they were very helpful in instructing me how to quickly uninstall and reinstall the drivers. Solved the problem.

Can you share what the fix to this was? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers numerous times, and the issue persists.

jazztrpt
Contributor

If I recall, it was a complete uninstall and reinstall of the software program.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements