cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Prints are way too dark

LilStuff
Apprentice

I just went through the whole ordeal of having to change the print heads after doing a ink flush.. . And now my prints are super dark and murky looking and my written papers have white lines at the top line through it. I have done the suggested cleaning ..nozzle checks and deep cleaning , I have realigned and all that jazz, Still the same problem. I can not seem to fix this issue. Never had all these troubles til I did the Ink flush and got the message to do a head replacement. what in the world is going on? Anyone able to assist me ?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, LilStuff!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ho goodness ! well that was silly on my part...I have a Conon G7020. spent near 2 hours on the phone yesterday with tech support..did all the things instructed to do, 2 ink flushes, nozzle checks printing..and sending them in to canon via email to be looked at ..he was back and forth to his supervisor, and now, (because as of today I am 1 week over my warranty)  issue is still not solved..he told me he couldnt assist me with the final test...but would send me instructions to do it. I was not happy with that. I have been loyal to canon for years, even own a beautiful canon camera ..no issues I just asked that they would be loyal back to me. . Im feeling pretty put off and left in a limbo . Another computer/printer tech said it sounds like possibly a internal hardware issue. But their prices are hugely out of my range Hmmm...when I told canon that..we checked for air pockets in the ink lines couple more checks nozzle checks  a print of a page sent to him shows how blurry, smudged and dark the pics are. Now I wait for a possible approval for the warranty to be approved...no promise there because as he said yesterday technically I am out of the warranty even though its less than a week. He said if they wont accept the warranty I could possible do a upgrade at a 10 pct discount. I have over $500. invested in this cannon and lots of ink too.../sigh. So Im in the waiting phase. Havent heard back yet today.

Hi,

I was able to check for any updates and it looks like the exchange was processed. An email should have been sent to you with the tracking information. 

We hope you have a great rest of your day. 

Yes I received that email and am relieved and overjoyed that they went ahead and honored the warranty! I love this printer...so I am very pleased it turned out !

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

We enjoy hearing these types of stories. 💃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements