cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Photo Print Quality - Windows 10

Sherf
Apprentice

I just set up my new PIXMA G7020 yesterday.  I got this model because the reviews I read on this model indicated that the photo print quality was great.  I was using an HP Officejet Pro 6978 to print photos, however, it started printing them with lines through them, and I couldn't correct that problem.  That led me to pick the PIXMA G7020.  I am finding that the photo prints are not as good as what I was getting with the HP printer, which was an inexpensive printer to buy but costly to run.  Compared with identical photos printed on the HP printer, the photos from the G7020 are not very sharp, and the color is somewhat muddy looking.  Has anyone experienced this?  If so, is there some tweaking I can do to improved the print quality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion, Patrick. Sorry for the delayed response.  I am using HP Advanced Glossy photo paper.  I downloaded the Easy Photo Print Editor.  I am happy with the prints I am getting now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or MacOS you are running and let us know what printing software you are using. 

If you would like assistance in real time,  I recommend reaching out to Canon support for real time support with this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Arthur,

Thanks for responding to my comments.  I have Windows 10 Home.  I have never installed additional photo software, so I am just using whatever came with the Windows program.  I did discover that if I go into the "Printer Properties" when I print, I can click on "High" quality and get a better print.  It is still not as "bright" looking as the HP prints I used to get.  Color seems a little subdued.  It's definitely not bad, it's just not as crisp as before.  Does Canon have photo software I can install that might give me a better print?  Or are there some tweaks I can do with what I have?  I have registered my product, so I know I have Canon customer service available.  I just thought I would try the forum first.

Thanks, Sherf

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sherf,

What is the size and type of paper that you are printing with?

Who is the manufacturer of that paper?

When inserting that paper into your printer, did you select that paper size and type on your printer's display?

Please try printing one of your photos using Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor.  When clicking the Windows button, in the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder and then Easy-PhotoPrint Editor to open that program.  

If Easy-PhotoPrint Editor is not installed, you may download it from THIS LINK.

The main downloads page for your PIXMA G7020 can be accessed here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-g7020#DOWNLOADS

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, Patrick. Sorry for the delayed response.  I am using HP Advanced Glossy photo paper.  I downloaded the Easy Photo Print Editor.  I am happy with the prints I am getting now.

Announcements