cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Code 1240 Appears Even When Panel is Opened

MaggieA
Apprentice

Hello,

I've recently purchased a Canon Pixma G7020 Printer, and during set up everything was going fine until the final "Test Print" option part of installing. It says Support Code 1240 and to please open Operational Panel even though it was already open(prior to powering it on like the instructions say), along with the output tray extension. I have tried resetting it directly from the Canon printers Operation Panel and then, while the printer was off, I uninstalled the printers' drivers and printer device from my computer before reinstalling them from scratch all over again. I did this method twice. It did not solve the issue.

I have also
1.powered it off

2. unplugged the main power chord for 5-10 minutes before plugging it back in

3. opened the operational panel + output tray and powered it back on.

4.reinstalled the printer + drivers on my computer only to be met with Support Code 1240

I then attempted a second method, where I did steps 1 and 2, but for 3 I kept the operational panel and output tray closed>powered the printer on> proceeded to step 4 only to be met with the error code 1240.

I was so excited for this printer and cannot even get it to print right out of the box. I don't know what I am doing wrong. 
Any help or tips would be appreciated, thank you.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements