cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G620 Firmware failing to update

shazzieroo
Apprentice

Hello

Yesterday I started receiving the alert indicating that there is a firmware update for my printer. I ignored it as I was in the midst of printing my orders. Partway through, the paper began to not feed... so I assumed that perhaps it was going to force my hand with the update, so I went ahead and tried to do it.

HOWEVER. Every single time it just powers off in the middle, and then comes back on and says "failed to update" 

I have checked my connection, restarted, powered off and left it off, unplugged it for periods of time... I even got desperate and did a factory reset, which only got me right back to square one.

So here I sit with a printer that wont feed (I've tried a ton of fixes for that, but as I'm now pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the firmware update after all.... I am all ears for any ideas for that too) or update.... and orders that need fulfilling. I do have a backup printer but the quality is just not the same.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and/or does anyone have a fix?

31 REPLIES 31

roger684
Contributor

Firmware update was successful for me on 8-28-24. Thanks to all of you who contributed and commented regarding this Canon G620 firmware update issue. I hope for future updates that Canon double and triple checks these firmware updates before releasing them to Canon product users.

Just a better communcation about issues would be enough I guess.
I mean stuff like this one can happen, but I was a bit disapointed to see no official response or aknowledgement of the issue, and my experience with support was disappointing, when in fact they were looking at it and solved the issue quickly enough!

Announcements