cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 won't print from cassette

Vieve
Apprentice

I have had a. Pixma g6020 for about 2 months now and have printed a few things here and there just fine. Now all the sudden it says that there is no paper in the rear feeder. I'm not trying to print from the feeder. I'm trying to print from the cassette and I can't figure out how to change that setting. I did get a paper jam the last time I used it but I checked and everything is clear now. Actually right now I'm not very fond of this printer. It seems to be finicky.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Please see the following article to set the default paper type. Cassette versus rear tray.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/s/article/ART174420

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am using a mobile device and a Chromebook for printing from this printer. I'm sorry, maybe I'm dense, but I still can't get this figured out. I have removed the cassette and put it back in a couple of times and it has asked to confirm paper settings and I have done that but whenever I hit print it still comes up on the screen that the rear paper tray has no paper.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings, 

If you have successfully registered the cassette as the default paper source, then the issue is with your device or the application you are printing from.  A paper mismatch occurs when the device or application tells the printer to use a paper source different than the default.

Instead of just hitting print, open the print preview dialog and confirm the paper source is set to the cassette.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements