cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 scanner stopped working: scanner is not available error

cdamiani
Apprentice

My PIXMA G6020 isn't scanning.  When I use the IJ Scan Utility app, it says the scanner is warming up but nothing happens.  Eventually I get a message that says the scanner is not available when in use by another application or user. When I try to scan from the printer, it says it's not connected to the computer.  The printing and copy functions work fine.  I thought the unit was broken so I bought a new one, but I'm having the same problems with the new one.  What's going on?  Everything was working fine until this week.  I'm using Windows 11

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cdamiani,

Please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.

When the error appears, please take note of the error code at the bottom of the error message box.

What error code appears?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cdamiani
Apprentice

The error code is 5,206,B (or 8?)

Hi,

To begin troubleshooting, please delete the printer and then restart your computer. After the restart, click HERE. Under software and drivers, download and install the Print Driver and Scan Utility Installer Ver.1.01 file. Once the printer is reinstalled, try to scan again. 

If the error appears again, disable the ipv6 setting on the printer by using the steps HERE

Should the steps above not resolve the issue, it is possible that either security software or a firewall is blocking the scanner driver from working correctly. At that point, I recommend contacting Microsoft and have they check your computer to see if anything is blocking the scanner driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well

click here to view the gallery
Announcements