cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G6020 Replaced black ink with purple but still coming out black

Brandonyantis27
Contributor

I just bought and set up this printer, we put in stencil ink in the black ink tank well, I own a tattoo shop and use this printer for printing stencils. When I print my stencils it is printing in black ink and not transferring to skin. Stencil ink is purple so I’m not sure why it’s printing in black or how to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

Hey there!

First, I need to clarify that, obviously, Canon doesn't officially support using third-party inks in our printers. I'm not saying you can't. I'm saying we don't support it.

Now that's out of the way, inkjet printers typically print using the pigment black ink when they print text. (Think anything from any kind of office software like Word, Excel, or like that). That's because the text needs to be super clear. When you print images, the printer uses dye-based color ink to make them black. 

In your situation, the way around this would be to print your images in grayscale—that will force the printer to use the black ink tank only. Learn about that here.

Thank you for the information, could you clarify how I change the settings to print in grayscale?

Check out page 180 in the manual HERE

Sorry another question, where do I get that app? I have no programs downloaded to open to change options 

I have a iPad not desktop if that matters

the link will give you the info for whatever device you're on 

Oh, that one's easy! Snag it at https://canon.us/G6020setup 

Ok so I did this, and if I print from the canon app it works, but the canon app does not let me size my pics to the size I need for tattoos, it just does the basic sizes and I need specific sizes. If I try to print from where I design the tattoo, procreate, it does not change to the grayscale 

Announcements