cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G3260 Prints Faded Colors

thanos-tz
Apprentice

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. 

I bought the Canon Pixma G-3260 Printer yesterday and I was wondering if what I am experiencing is normal and if it is something every owner of this printer has to deal with or an issue with just my printer.

Whenever I print on the "Plain Paper Setting" using regular A4 paper both black and color ink comes out very faded (pictures on the left) almost looking like a $10 printer shipped from China, but when I switch to the "Matte Setting" using the same paper it prints a darker version of black and/or colors yet still not completely dark for black ink.(like you see on the following pictures)

received_675433804239711.jpeg.20221227_222956.jpg

However when I switched  the A4 paper from Regular to Matte quality is amazing on the matte setting. (pictures with my logo. I mostly care about black, not color.20221227_224905.jpg

I don't mind using "Matte Paper" and on the "Matte Setting"  It just takes 2-3 minutes to print a single page with my company's plain black logo compared to just 20 seconds on my older cheaper HP Printer, which is something I do every week. And also it seems like it's consuming a lot more ink than I thought.

When printing on the plain paper setting it prints extremely fast but without using much ink apparently. Intensity Setting is set all the way up to dark and I've already cleaned, deep cleaned and ink flushed twice and did see an improvement but nothing huge.

Any ideas ?

I never had this issue ever before on any other printer I've owned (4 in total)

Last picture is of the tubes, should the rightmost tube look this way ? It looks empty to me, unless I'm wrong.received_849129519742838.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or MacOS your computer is running. Also, please let us know if you are printing directly from the pictures or have a photo printing program loaded and printing from there. 

We look forward to your reply. 

If you would like to speak to our support team in real time, you will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements