cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA 922 Multifunction Scanner and Fax will not set up on new computer

BeehindBluEyes
Apprentice

Hi. This is the last attempt to fix this problem before I break down and buy a new multifunction printer. 
I had this installed on my old Lenovo and it worked ok. It was never a great printer, but it worked. Now I have a new Lenovo computer and I tried to get the printer to work with it but I can only get the printing to work, it does not seem to be finding the scanner or fax info. I have looked for the drivers on the Canon website but I don't see them there either. So now I was wondering if this printer was just too old but if I can download the drivers for the printer with Windows 10 why shouldn't the scanner and fax drivers work?
Any help here would be appreciated. 
Thanks.

BeehindBluEyes

BeehindBluEyes
3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

MX922 Support Portal:

Support | MX Series - Inkjet | PIXMA MX922 (MX920 Series) | Canon USA

Windows 10 (x64) Printer / Scanner Driver

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNDc3ODAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. I tried that but it keeps telling me that the printer is not on the network but it is. I am trying to set it up with the wireless LAN setting. That is how I've always done it before. Also, what about the fax drivers?
Thanks, 

Jody

BeehindBluEyes

Hi BeehindBluEyes,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow to select the wrench and screwdriver icon and press OK

3.  Use the left arrow to select Device Settings and press OK

4.  Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK

5.  Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK

6.  Select WLAN setting list and press OK

What is listed next to SSID?

Using the down arrow, what is listed next to IPv4 Address?  Please take note of this number.

On your Windows 10 computer, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type CMD and click OK

3.  In the Command Prompt window that appears, please type:

PING xxx.xxx.xx.xx  <-- where the x's represent the IPv4 address that you took note of before

and then press the Enter key on your keyboard

For example, on the display of your PIXMA MX922, if the IPv4 address was 192.168.1.23, in the Command prompt window on your computer, you would type PING 192.168.1.23 and then press the Enter ket.

did you get:

A - Timed out
B - Destination host unreachable
C - Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements