cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGBK black ink printing double on PIXMA MG6620

AP1
Contributor

The symptom is mostly clearly seen in the attached image.

Black text prints double and out of alignment. In a test print, the PGBK sample prints with a bowed and mirrored effect. I've tried running a nozzle cleaning numerous times. I've removed all cartridges and cleaned the print head a couple times. I haven't been able to fix the problem. I've seen a few references to this symptom online, but the solutions weren't clear or they didn't work for me.

Have you seen this problem before? Do you know how to fix it? Is the fix steps I can do myself?

Thanks in advance.

Here are two similar posts in the Canon forums:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/MG5620-PGBK-print-only-distorted/m-...

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/MX922-PGBK-Twisted-Grid-see-pix/td-...

20200301_183252.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

jlbloom
Apprentice

same with MG7120, any suggestions?

garygulbransen
Contributor

Have you found any solutions...that looks exactly like my output

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What exact model printer are you using (usually on the top or front of the unit)?
Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.
If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.
Thanks and have a great day!

garygulbransen
Contributor

MX922

Thanks for letting us know your model number.  Since it's different from the OP's model, we've moved your post into its own new thread.  You can find it HERE.

engineer9
Apprentice

Same problem with my MG5420...

@engineer9 wrote:

Same problem with my MG5420...

Greetings,

Since your printer model differs from the original poster, you should really have started your own thread.

A dirty timing (encoder) strip can cause this behavior.

Canon Knowledge Base - Clean the Timing Strip on a PIXMA MG5420 or MG5422

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

AP1
Contributor

Hi,

I'm the original poster. In the end, I didn't find a solution. I tried cleaning the timing (encoder) strip, cleaning the print head many times using different methods and a few other things I can't remember. My last resort was buying a new print head. I can't remember if I couldn't find a Canon brand print head or if the price was so high I chose not to buy it (since I could put that money towards a new printer). I ended up buying a compatible (third-party) print head for a very reasonable price. It didn't work (a different problem than the double-printing), the company sent me a replacement and it didn't work. That's when I took a deep breath and laid my trusty MG6620 to rest.

I bought a new Canon printer, a TS9520. It prints great and no more double-printing problem! The printer's not perfect, but I like it a lot.

I hope this post can bring closure for some of you, even if it not a solution to the double-printing problem.

Announcements