cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer show message in error state. How do I correct this so I can print?

william0723
Apprentice

My printer show in error state. How can I correct this so I can print.

7 REPLIES 7

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which printer you have, what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

My printer is Pixma MG2900 series, my operating system is Windows, and connected by WIFI. Thanks for your help.

Hi william0723,

First, a test of your PIXMA MG2920 should be performed.  This will tell us if your PIXMA MG2920 is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG2920 and follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MG2920's power is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the rear tray.

3.  Pull out the paper output tray and the output tray extension.

4.  Hold down the STOP button until the Alarm lamp flashes once, then release it immediately.

Does the test page print?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My printer is a Prima TR7520

Hi Patrice1, Gyro, and Jobette52.

The Canon community forums are hosted and managed by TR7560 is a foreign model. While many of the functions may be similar, you may need to contact Canon support for your region for aspects that may be specific to that model/region.

If the printers are not communicating across the network, try opening the Remote UI:  TR7520 and TR7560, MG6821.  If the Remote UI does not open, check that the SSID on the Network Information sheet matches the name of the network to which your computer or mobile device is connected, and that the Signal Strength is at least 70%.

If the SSID does not match what's on the computer or mobile device, change the connection for the one on the wrong network.  If the signal strength is low, move the printer and router closer together (no closer than ~ 2 ft). If the signal is 100%, ensure the printer and router are at least 2 ft apart.

If the Remote UI appears, but the printer still cannot print over the network, try removing the printer and then adding it back with the appropriate drivers:

TR7520 Drivers & Downloads page

TR6821 Drivers & Downloads page

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a Canon MG6821, its on, the Wifi is connected, what do I do?

Gyro
Apprentice

Hi, am in a spot of trouble. My Canon Pixma TR7560 wont accept a doc sent to it from my PC to print.

Says --  'Canon TR7500 series - LPT3  Printer not responding. (in the tray)

A blue box sometimes appears up the top RH cnr, saying -- 'The printer couldn't print copy paste'.

Have uninstalled & installed again. Done all the obvious. Can't understand. Any knowers out there?

Thanks - Graham NZ

Announcements