cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pixma MP560 prints black ink w/ white streaks. 5 new ink tanks; head alignment did nothing.

never_easy
Apprentice

I installed 5 new ink tanks yesterday, and when I went to print my resumes today (for an interview @ noon EST on 11/27), each page printed with with white streaks of varying thicknesses.  I have tried aligning the head automatically through the printer's options, and there has been no improvement.  I have attempted to align the heads manually from my macbook several times, but the printer does not even recognize that it has something to print in the queue.  I need to fix this problem ASAP because I am literally running out of time and have been spinning my wheels trying various maintenance fixes for several hours now.   HELP!  PLEASE!

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello never_easy.

First, a test of the printer should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MP560 and follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Maintenance.

4.  Press <OK> on Nozzle Check Pattern.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this post.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Maintenance.

4.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.  If colors are still missing, please contact our support group using the Contact Us link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

MP560 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Im having a problem when i print my work the letters in the black ink doesn't align but the colored ones are okay. Please Help...

ralana
Apprentice

i have the same problem.  white streaks.  have tried everything according to instructions for printer and have not been successful.  have bought a new printer (different company).  will never buy canon printer again. 

Announcements